Wednesday, February 4, 2009

how you gonna change the world when the world ain't ready...

Today seems to be a good day to rant.

3D Films: WHY IS EVERY MOVIE COMING OUT IN 3D?! Why is this considered cool in this day and age? Luckily none of the movies that are 3D look good to me because I have no intention of going to one. Why would you want to wear the dumb glasses for an entire movie? And if you don't have glasses and/or don't want to wear them you then have to sit through a movie with stupid distorted color coming off the people and things. I got so annoyed with the stupid SuperBowl commercials in 3D! Putting a movie in 3D is a waste of money and then they just have to set up shots in which things project towards the screen and it looks dumb when you know they're just doing it for the effect. It is highly UNNECESSARY! I know the movie business needs some way to draw people into the theaters during a time when people don't have much extra money. Try lowering the damn prices for tickets and food! Or making good movies. It's rare to get an good, original movie. It's all remakes and sequels and prequels. UGH. I HATE PREQUELS! There's a reason the movie started where it did! If they thought what happenend before was necessary, they would have included it. Movies based on books are ok...I'm not saying they're all good but I don't mind when I see a new movie that's based on a novel. 3D is the worst.

Michael Phelps: I feel bad for him. For his current predicament. Not for winning 8 gold medals and setting world records all before he could legally rent a car. He's 23...he's a college dude...let him smoke a little pot. Let him live. Now maybe he should have thought about what life would be like after the Olympics, after he chose to win those medals and break those records and became a national athletic role model. His is kinda ruined now from having a normal life. I want to know how a British tabloid got it. US magazines wouldn't pay whoever had the picture enough? If that's the case that just means this should never have become news. The Olympics are over. Let the man deal with his stress/party on weekends like everyone else does. I like how at the very end of the article they throw in that he signed some petition to work on an anti-doping campaign. As if that is related. He's not doing it to help him swim faster. It actually probably has the opposite affect.

Christian Bale: You're an A hole. Get off your high horse and finally acknowledge the fact that you starred in Newsies and it was probably your best role. The guy you yelled at really should have punched you in the face. Then your scene really would have been messed up.

Ways to Earn Extra Money: This was the topic of an article I came across this morning. When I see that title I figure the article will help me out in this economic crisis. You know simple ways that average people can do without much change to their daily life. Maybe it means selling something in your home and cutting back on extra spending. Apparently I just took it the wrong way. This article is meant for the people who want two full time jobs. Who have major skills AND major connections. My main beef are with "Launch a Brand" and "Make films." It doesn't even suggest making one film...it says to make multiple. Like it's that simple. Now yeah freelance writing for a website or blog is one thing. That is realistic. But the story they tell about the filmmaker dude could give such false hope to people. Without ANY film background how did he manage to team up with a studio? Life isn't that easy unless you know people. Which he had to have had some connection to that studio. And with the Launch a Brand...not everyone can easily write a book. And if we could who's to say it's going to get picked up and used in every form of media possible? Ugh. So unrealistic. Rename the article "7 Ways People With Already Developed Skills And Connections And Who Overachieve Can Make Extra Money." Then I wouldn't have gotten annoyed...because I wouldn't have read the article.

Winter: For The Love Of God! Just dump 12 inches on the Delaware Valley already and let us all be free to spend one (possible more) day(s) at home and have a valid excuse to not leave the house or have to change out of our pjs! I want the world (and by world I mean Philly and surounding suburbs) to completely shut down. I want enough snow to close TD Bank! No more midday snow showers that turn to rain and all it does is ruin the bottoms of my jeans. No more snow/ice enough to close the office of my one job but I still have to leave in the middle of the day to make my way to TD where NO ONE will come in because it's snowing/icing/gross outside. And no more weird ass snow patterns that make there be 4+ inches on my sidewalk but when I take one step to the street there's only a dusting. What is that? Make up your mind! And make it so you decide to dump a blizzard on us. And then, after I get my days of rest, you can make it 50 degrees and sunny so it all melts and goes away. I don't like lingering ice and slush either. Is that so hard?

Celebrity Weight: In the end, my thought process on this one always results in me simply saying "Who cares?" Oh shit she ate a cookie! Media has to make up their mind...do you want them to be fat or skinny? It would be better if the media didn't have an opinion to begin with but apparently that's just not an option. Like with Michael Phelps...let them live. Get a life of your own. What the real issue is though is that Yahoo Music Blogs may be THE WORST blogs ever. Almost every article is horrible. They make the article seem interesting with the titles but then you read the rest and it's just disappointing. No wonder all the comments left are just them getting bashed. Where do they find these people?


I REALLY want pancakes with syrup!

No comments: