First the disappointing one...
Third Eye Blind's Wounded covered by He Is Legend.
Now I don't know who He Is Legend is. I really doubt he's a legend. I think you need to know that for as HUGE of a fan of 3eb as I am, Wounded may be one of my personal faves of theirs. It's definitely my favorite off of Blue. And it wasn't a single or much talked about song but it's ridiculously moving. So I was kinda skeptical from the beginning as to why someone was covering it. But also thought it was kinda cool. So the song starts out decent enough. But OF COURSE they are a retarded, unnecessary screamo band and right in the middle it sounds like Powerman 5000 took over and just started singing. Ugh. Ruined. Also...I don't like when they change the words of the original. ::cough:: Katy Perry ::cough:: And this guy forgets a couple words here and there and makes some up. Unacceptable! Well here I'll let you judge for yourselves:
Now the other one I found that I thought was good
The Kooks covering Kids by MGMT.
Maybe it's because I'm kinda obsessed with that song right now. Maybe it's because The Kooks are simply a decent band. But it's good.

No comments:
Post a Comment