Thursday, January 22, 2009

im not your star, isn't that what you said...

Stephen Starr Was Guest Judge On Top Chef

Last night's episode was Restaurant Wars and Stephen Starr was the guest judge. I point this out because not only is he the only big restaurant entrepenuer in Philly that I've heard of, he's also my sister's boss...which is probably how I've heard about him but still. He gave her rocking horses when she was pregnant with each baby. I think he was a good choice for the episode because not only does he know food but he knows what makes a restaurant work and be successful. He also wasn't a dick. Some guests come on and act like they know everything and their opinion is the only good one and all that. He seemed down to earth. My main beef is that Philly got no love. He started in Philly and thats where majority of his restaurants are. He only has two in New York and I feel like that's the only place they mentioned. Maybe I missed it though. I'm trying to find a clip of it. And apparenty when he went to film he talked to them about Top Chef: Philadelphia. Bring it on!

With the rest of the episodeI'm ok with Radhika went home. And I would have been ok if they picked Carla though I would have rather Radhika so there we go. So far this season has been good with kicking off the weakest people. No one has left so far that I was pissed about. And nobody is still around that I'm pissed about...now that Ariane is gone. Thank god! She should have went home the first episode. And I'm glad Leah and Hosea didn't get a lot of shit for her going home because it wasn't their faults. The two (or so) challenges she won (unfortunately) were because she cooked a piece of meat well. So it makes sense that Leah and Hosea would want her to cook their meat (heh). It's not their fault that she actually doesn't know how to cook meat. Bam! Go home!

What Leah and Hosea should have gotten shit for was their performance last night. Leah totally sucked! And Hosea just didn't seem to pay any attention. Its a good thing Fabio and Stefan carried the team to winning or else they would have gone European on their ass. As for the whole 'kissing' thing...there's a reason it took 5 seasons for this to happen (assumingly..I didnt watch 1 & 2). Top Chef viewers don't want to see it. And how can you regret it soo badly...you weren't even drunk.

So both Leah and Hosea were my favorites from the beginning but I'm beginning to question Leah. She was the one all about sleeping next to Hosea and then when shes doing her confessional thing her voice gets all low and weird. She did it when she talked about her quickfire meal to Padma and Stephen and it just made her seem like she didn't care. I think Jeff is making a late break and proving himself. Next to go should be Carla...she's actually kinda grown on me but unfortunately she gets stuck with desserts all the time so she hasn't had as many chances to cook actual meals. Plus she is a little crazy with the emotions/vibes/love/astrology type stuff. So we'll see.


I don't really know why I randomly just went into a whole synopsis of Top Chef. Maybe I just needed something to keep myself awake. So I wanted to try and see how long I could go with drinking nothing but water - regular water and Propel (I need flavor when I eat food). Yeah so I made it just about 24 hours. I was physically unable to stay awake this morning and water just wasn't cutting it. So I had to get some 'Mtn Dew' to wake me up. It worked. So we'll go the rest of the day with water. i just hate how I never fully wake up in the morning. I get to work and just sit at a desk and don't do anything to get my body fully awake. That's the worst part.

Can't wait for the weekend! I hope we find an apartment!

No comments: