Highlights of my time off:
- Watched a total of atleast 12 hours of Weeds (no lie - Lisa and I did a 7 hour marathon on New Years Day. The USA network dropped the ball on a NY Day marathon of House so I had to improvise)
- Bought a new fancy flat screen TV
- Had Arby's for the first time...unfortunately I probably won't have it again
- Slept til 1 pm for the first time since like college
- Was able to complete in laundry in one day because the dryer only took 2 1/2 hours to dry clothes instead of about 4 hours!
- Started New Years Day with a diner ham and cheese omelette, wheat toast, and home fries well done
- Left the house and was actually social Saturday night
- Had a delicious It's Not Delivery It's DiGornio pizza with Lisa while watching Tropic Thunder
Speaking of Tropic Thunder...I liked it. It was clever. Jay Baruchel was my favorite. I did have some beef with the whole Tom Cruise thing. The movies about to be over and I told Lisa the movie couldnt be over yet...Tom Cruise hasn't been in it yet. She laughed and told me he was on the screen right now. I was so confused. I had no idea. Now I need to rewatch it knowing who he is now.
So coming to work this morning was pretty rough...especially once I got to work and had to actually stay awake...that was even worse. However...something making it a little better (in addition to my morning mountain dew and soft pretzel) is this forum/topic of articles on Videogum...Gossip Girl. It is pretty entertaining if this show is a show you hate to love like it is for myself. Enjoy.
Saturday night I was out with Doc and Ray and Kelly from LaSalle. The bar we were at was playing a lot of 90s alt rock which was just like heaven for me and Doc. So we had some good talks about certain bands and songs. And I made a comment about Far Behind being one of the better to come out of the 90s (I stand by this). And it made me think/wonder if I could ever make a Top 20 or so 90s songs (according to me of course...which can right away tell you Smells Like Teen Spirit will NOT be number 1...nor on the list at all). It would take a lot of time and consideration and research - just so I don't forget any. Who knows maybe one day I'll sit down and do it. Now there's one project to give me something to do this year. Word.

No comments:
Post a Comment