Thursday, January 8, 2009

sing without a reason to never fall in love again...

So this week all the shows on TV start coming back with new episodes or premiering their new season. I kind of enjoyed the couple weeks around the holidays when there weren't new shows. I didn't have to worry about staying caught up. Put then again that's the power of DVR. However so far this week I have done a pretty good job with watching everything I wanted to. Here's some commentary...

Monday
Gossip Girl: Guilty pleasure but I love it. After this week's episode I don't like that Dan and Serena are back together. Although once she finds out their parents sectret maybe they won't last. This is the third time in a season and a half they've gotten together. Enough already. Serena is boring...make her be the bitch that we all know that she is.

House: This actually returns next week due to stupid college football bowls on the new day of Monday. So now it's on at the same time as G.Girl. Who am I kidding? No matter what happens next week it's gonna be good. It's House. Come on. Oh and props to them for winning Best Drama last night at the People's Choice Awards. The people know what they like.

Tuesday
Scrubs: So after some time off and switching off networks, Scrubs finally returned. It's now on ABC on Tuesdays. Now...I am not too familiar with what went on with the switching from NBC to ABC so I don't know if it's the same writers. Whatever it is - something seemed different/off. It was set up like any other episode but just wasn't too funny. And WHAT was with the janitor getting fired? And WHAT was with the set was all dark and quiet? The hospital always seems bright and well lit and with people. It was bumming me out. I hope it picks up and gets better cause if not what was the point of bringing it back? P.S. I need more Dr. Cox. He didn't get enough air time.

Nip/Tuck: It took them awhile to start up Season 6, but they finally got to it and I know it's gonna be good. Season 5 picked up all of Season 4's slack and brought it back to awesomeness. And I have a feeling this new season will continue. While watching this past week's episode I remembered how much I liked this show and was really glad it was back. I also liked the scenes when Christian and Sean got along and joked. I hate when they fight. Haha. I'm gad Matt was in it. I hope they keep him in it. I'll forgive him for sleeping with his half sister last season. I like Matt. Julia on the other hand needs to get rid of Portia De Rossi. I might be jumping to conclusions...Julia wasn't in this episode but she had lost her memory so she might not realize Portia's daughter tried to kill her. We'll have to see...

Wednesday
Top Chef: I don't feel like this show ever really took a break over the holiday but I was still glad its back. And because they didn't kick anyone off last week they made two people 'pack their knives and go.' Thank god Melissa is gone. I couldn't stand looking at those bangs anymore. And Eugene...I kinda liked him however he wasn't good enough to last much longer. He just made some bad choices. Next to go needs to be Carla and Ariane. Oh and I feel every quickfire/challenge someone makes a spring roll or some kind of sushi wrap. Stop that.

Thursday
The Office: I'm pretty sure this comes back tonight. Either way it's like House...you know it's gonna be good.


February 28th cannot come soon enough. Yesterday our heat stopped working. I mean it sounds like its working but its cool air coming out. Grrr. I slept with alotttt of layers last night. And we also think we hear squirrels or some kind of animal in our wall. And no it's not the neighbors cause its in the wall that separates the living room from the kitchen. Which means it's probably in our lower cabinets. Wouldn't surprise me...thats where the mice were. I can't wait to move!

While out with Doc Saturday night we were mentionng songs/bands that we used to listen to but kinda forgot about. The main song in particular was Last Train Home by Lostprophets. That song is so good and I hadn't even thought about it for years. So later I started thinking of other songs that I would listen to religiously but then just stopped and haven't heard since...well maybe not since but definitely not recently or as often as before. Off the top of my head others were Dispatch - Bats in the Belfry, Phish - Waste...actually a lot of Phish songs that I listened to in college...I guess I forgot about the whole band, The Acadeny Is... - Down and Out, Hellogoodbye - Here (In Your Arms)....there's I'm sure more but I think my ADD kicked in and I stopped thinking about it...

No comments: