Monday, March 23, 2009

fuck the beat i go acapella...

So last week, Stereogum informed the world that Ben Folds was releasing a collegiate A Capella album. I love it. I have a thing for a capella expecially with current popular songs. I even went and saw Off The Beat at UPenn at college. So when I saw the track listing for his album (college groups doing his songs...naturally) I was a bit disappointed that OTB didn't make the cut. Back in my naive days and when my a capella horizon wasn't broadened enough, I thought OTB was one of its kind. Oh no could I have been more wrong! And! I found out that West Chester University...yes the school I spent 4 years of my life at has an a capella group. Not only do they have one...but they have one good enough for Ben Folds...how did I not know of this when I was there?? Dude they would have been on my radio show every week! They could have done Kung Fu Fighting for me live AND a capella! Oh man that would have been awesome!


...Ok so I take that back. I just did a MySpace look up on the Gracenotes...of course WCU would have an all girl group who aren't that fun. I mean they are talented. Oh wells it's still good for West Chester. And I'll still look into getting the album at some point.

Here's the Gracenotes doing Fred Jones, Pt 2 which is on the Ben Folds album:


Here's Off The Beat:

See fun songs. Though the chick needs to bring it down a notch...no slut dancing at a rehearsal.

No comments: