Tuesday, March 3, 2009

memories fade like looking through a fogged mirror...

So today is my first day back after a little 4 day vaca. Yesterday was a snow day (obviously - it was the great March Nor'easter! duh!) So at the time I really wanted to have off. I hate working. So I was glad when I received a text at 5:19 am yesterday saying Job #1 was closed. I basically knew they would be. And then I chose to call out of Job #2. Now that I love in Philly it would have taken me well over an hour to get there and it's not worth it to risk driving in snow/ice for around the same amount of time there and back as I would actually be working...especially cause no one would be coming to the bank. Definition = Completely Fucking Pointless. Now I don't mind snow days. Everyone needs a day here and there to have an excuse to not go to work and be lazy. However when I really think about it...I hate snow days. Right now I don't get this so called "PTO." I'm what they call "part-time." So when I receive a text that says "Office Closed," I read it as "We are not allowing you to come to work today no matter how much you would like to. We are forcing you to stay home...oh and we're not paying you for it either." So no matter how badly I need to make money and would drive there in a blizzard...even if I wanted to I can't. Screw you. We won't even get into the fact that I work just as much as the rest of my department and even have the same title as someone else in the department yet am the ONLY part-time person. That's a whole different story. (Now I know you might be thinking "But Katie, if you need money that badly and would have driven to Job #1 in a blizzard, why didn't you go to Job #2?"...Not going to job #2 was my choice. My decision. So I accepted the fact that I wouldn't make that money. They pay dookie anyway. And the amount of money I wouldn't make did not outweight the effort and annoyance of going there. *See definition of Job #2) So NOW I get to work extra long the rest of the week to make up the hours I wasn't allowed to work yesterday. Thanks. Cause you know...my days aren't horrendous normally. Gotta mix it up every once and a while. Moral of the story is I would rather it didn't snow so I wouldn't have to worry about making it into work. Let me work. I may hate it but it allows me to live.


Last week was the finale of Top Chef. I didn't get to discuss it here at the time and now it's kinda just old news. All you need to know is Hosea should not have won. He should have been kicked off instead of Fabio and then the final three should have been Fabio, Stefan, and Carla. And then any of those could have won and I would have been satisfied. Also, the final should not be based solely (sp?) on that final meal. Shouldn't the person named 'Top Chef' be consistent throughout the whole season? Yeah Hosea may have made the best meal this time but should that allow him to win? Stefan was consistently amazing the whole season. Hosea was on the bottom a lot and barely didn't get kicked off. They should really rethink that for next season. OH! But the reason I bring this all up now is because the entire season I suspected Fabio would get Fan Favorite. (We find out this Wednesday) Everyone loves him. Everyone loves him so much - he's supposedly getting his own show. This doesn't surprise me because...well like I said everyone loves him and because nowadays anyone can get their own show. I'd check it out. But also...Carla may have made a late break for Fan Favorite. It's a toss up...


And because I know a post of just me ranting is probably not so entertaining I'll throw this in here...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

i hate hosea. that was messed up. stefan and fabio were my favorites from the start. i feel like with the final meal they really should take the ENTIRE season into account cause hosea was horrible.

fabio got his own show though!