Monday, March 23, 2009

you know i tend to talk when im asleep...

So according to my Google Alerts, Guster finally scheduled a show on April 17th after some weeks of a lot of 'TBA' and scares that they cancelled the Philly show. And to be honest they may have well cancelled the show because I'm not going to it. Guster is opening for Akon at UPenn's Spring Fling. And from knowing people who went to Spring Fling, it's really just a day of drunken college debauchery and unfortunately I'm too old for that ish. It conveniently is the only show on their tour they're not headlining. Now granted it is a campus tour but that means they play at like Temple or some place with a normal venue and normal show. Maybe they'll do a real tour in the summer or fall. Here's hoping.

*****

Liam and Me put out an official video! Yeah they did it like a month ago but I've been rocking out to it a lot lately so here. It's for 'Say It Out Loud' which is another fun dancey song by them. The video has lots of fun colors and the song definitely has a bit of a different sound since it's more produced and all but it works. I like it.

And yay! to them for just playing SXSW! I can't wait for their album!

*****

Speaking of SXSW, Third Eye Blind was there also. I don't think I knew that. But apprently people still underestimate the amazing following the band still had:

SXSW scene report: Third Eye Blind TV taping

By Michael Corcoran | Friday, March 20, 2009, 06:38 PM

Metallica isn’t the only platinum-selling band from the Bay Area playing the Friday night of SXSW. Stephan Jenkins and Third Eye Blind did a Direct TV taping at the Convention Center that drew about five times the 800-capacity. To make things even more chaotic, the band started playing just as the crowd was being let in. “No running!” was the most ignored command of the night.

“Hello, we’re a new band called Third Eye Blind and we’re going to play some new songs,” Jenkins said after opening with “Don’t Believe a Word,” which sounded a lot like the band’s sensational modern rock hit “Semi-Charmed Life.” Another new song was “Non Dairy Creamer,” but after about 20 minutes the old songs started coming out and the delirious crowd sung along.

Had no idea the Blind had such a fanatical following. And the band just tore ‘em up.

*****

This trailer is for a new movie called Away We Go. I honestly don't think it looks that amazing but I want to see it if only for the cast: John Krasinski, Allison Janney, Jim Gaffigan, and Maya Rudolph only because this seems liek a different role for her and I wouldn't have expected her to play it. Other than that I never had any thoughts on her.




No comments: