Do you know what would be awesome? If there was a website or some form of current information where you could type "jobs in center city" and a list of available jobs appears right in the center of the city. Then you select one you like and proceed to checkout and BAM! you got yourself a new job! Screw interviews and cover letters and waiting in suspense. Then I could just jump on the el/bus/my feet and head to ONE JOB and be happy. Life would be grand. And everyone would be happy because everyone could get jobs like this. And the economy would be happy because people would have jobs therefore money to spend things. I should write a letter to Barack. (We may not be on first name terms yet but we will be once he gets my letter and realizes its a cure to RecessionFest 2009) I'll tell him I found the perfect way to get this shit fixed. Verbatim. And he'll propose it to Congress and Congress will sign off on it simply because they're happy it's not another plan that involves using a million billion dollars...just a simple website. And it'll be launched in every major city and soon the country will be employed. Obviously the employers will just have to trust the desperate job searchers that they will pick jobs they are qualified for. I mean I'm sure theres some other wrinkles that may need to be smoothed out along the way but other than that my plan is flawless. Am I right? So don't worry guys...your ticket to AwesomeFest 2009 is in the mail. It'll be up and running 2 weeks. Tops.
So I was going to do this whole post on my tolerate/hate relationship with Wal-Mart. It's not love/hate. There's no love. Just tolarate. Because I read this article today and it reminded me of when I bought a hat from there for Halloween and there was gum in it and the gum got stuck in my hair. And I'm talking about the front and center part of my hair. So gross. But I go still cause it's SO f'in cheap. Oh well I've accepted the fact that it's the devil and that the devil is taking over the world. As long as the devil doesn't hack up the prices. Look...even cats have their own Wal-Mart. Ok Ok I really just wanted a reason to post that. You got me. But that guy is ridiculous!
Ugh one year I'll get to go here: Ships & Dip. BNL is there everytime. They just had S&D 5. #3 had Guster. THis clip is from that time. I hate cruises but I'd suck it up if it meant seeing guster and Barenaked Ladies. Awesome. Oh and BNL...I'm sorry Steven is leaving. You guys had a good run. I <3 you.
I can't WAIT to see Guster again live. I'm going through such withdraw!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment