Friday, July 17, 2009

there's so much i want you to see...

One of my favorite authors, Nick Hornby, wrote a movie that premiered at this year's Sundance. It's called An Education and here's what Variety had to say about it:
Those of us who saw Lone Scherfig and Nick Hornby's An Education at Sundance witnessed a remarkable debut: Carey Mulligan was an instant star. With Audrey Hepburn-style class, charisma and smarts, she's well-cast as a brainy and sexy high school kid in 60s Britain aching to break out into the bigger world. Peter Sarsgaard (with a plummy British accent) is the older sophisticate who takes away her innocence and shows her what she's missing. With Sony Pictures Classics at the helm, this movie should go all the way to some major awards
I like that Peter Sarsgaard is in it. I was wondering what happened to him. I also love Emma Thompson. For some reason, the main, upcoming girl - Carey Mulligan - reminds me of a British Rory from Gilmore Girls and I kinda like that. Other than that I am interested to see this movie, mainly cause of Nick Hornby. I'm not a huge fan of movies that take place in this time period, but there are the few that are good. So eventually, one day I will see this movie. Here's the trailer:



No comments: