It's Friday and I'm at work. I don't like that. But it's ok cause it'll be well worth it next week when I can go home on Wednesday and see my sister's new baby! I'm so stoked! I hope it's a girl. I'm also going home tonight so tomorrow I can go with my sister to a birthday roller skating party Charles got invited too. Considering my sister is about to pop she won't be able to skate with him. So I'm gonna just incase he he needs help or anything. I love that I'm basically gonna be home pretty much every weekend in December. I like being home.
So this is something I wanted to post yesterday but apparently my computer gets overworked very easily and likes to just stop working at a reasonable speed in the afternoon...its as if its emulating the way I feel during the day...minus the whole overworked part. That never happens here. Anywho so using the internet just wasn't working. A couple weeks ago I talked about Third Eye Blind and their new EP and their single "Non Dairy Creamer." If anyone reads Stereogum they'll know that Third Eye Blind has been a popular topic of conversation, which I think is awesome considering Stereogum doesn't tend to report on 90s alternative bands. And what I also found awesome was just how many 3eb there still is out there and how many people truly think they are the greatest band. It makes me smile. So two days ago, Videogum had another post of the awesome band and apprently they're not the only blog bringing out the best of 3eb fans. If anyone's interested (probably not) here are some links to some of the articles.
here is the original stereogum article about N.D.C.
here is Stephan Jenkins response to that post/song
in addition to the articles are about 400+ combined comments about the love/hate people have for them. Theyre entertaining
this is the videogum article that realizes the influence 3eb fans have its hilarious. it has a link to the Vulture blog that also got in on the action
Well there's some entertainment to keep you busy. I know there some friends of mine out there who would be as interested as me...the chances they actually read this blog though are slim to none...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment