Tuesday, December 16, 2008

good times come and good times go...

Life goes by so fast
You only want to do what you think is right
Close your eyes and its past
Story of my life

Well high school seemed like such a blur
I didn’t have much interest in sport or school elections
And in class I dreamt of a rock and roll weekend

And the girl in the front of the room
So close yet so far
She didn’t seem to notice the big silly school boy crush
Wasn’t just pretend

Life goes by so fast
You only want to do what you think is right
Close your eyes and its past
Story of my life

Well I went down to my old neighborhood
The faces have all changed
There’s no one there left to talk to
And the pool hall I loved as a kid
Is now a seven eleven

And I went downtown to look for a job
I had no training, no experience to speak of
And I looked at the holes in my jeans
And I turned and headed back

Life goes by so fast
You only want to do what you think is right
Close your eyes and its past
Story of my life

Well good times come and good times go
I only wish the good times would last a little longer
I’m thinking about the good times we had
And why they had to end

So I sit at the edge of my bed
I strum my guitar and I sing an outlaw love song
I think about what you’re doing now
And when you’re coming back

Life goes by so fast
You only want to do what you think is right
Close your eyes and its past
Story of my life

No comments: